Aging of the skin is a natural process by which the collagen and elastin that keep your skin looking firm and youthful begin to decline, which results in wrinkles. Cell production and cell quality also diminish over time resulting in wrinkles. Unfortunately, these factors are out of our control.
The influences that are within our control are largely environmental such as pollution (eg; smoking) and sun damage. Here are 12 easy ways to reduce wrinkles and slow down the aging process.
- Stop smoking (It’s #1 for a reason)
- Hydrate your skin by drinking about 8 glasses of water a day.
- Moisturize the skin on your face twice daily.
- Reduce alcohol consumption. Overindulging can put enormous strain on your system and will accelerate wrinkles forming.
- Eat healthily by incorporating plenty of fruits and vegetables into your daily diet.
- Sleep for at least 8 hours every night.
- Use natural skincare products that will nourish your skin and give it lots of vitamins and minerals to help it stay fresh and healthy.
- Jojoba oil resembles the skin’s natural oils. Dab this around the eyes to keep wrinkles at bay.
- Start a good skincare routine now. Prevention is easier than a cure.
- Aloe Vera and Avocado oil both have the ability to prevent the skin from drying out; they are both used to improve the skin’s elasticity.
- A soothing way to help achieve a wrinkle-free face is to lie on your back with your knees elevated by placing a pillow or cushion beneath them. Try this when you are watching TV or reading.
- Reduce stress. Try things such as reading, exercising, and meditating. Fifteen minutes a day is a good start. Stress is one of the leading causes of premature aging, so make sure to schedule a time to slow down and just breathe–even if it’s just for a few minutes each day!
PS – Want to learn even more ways to take control of your health and defy your age? Join me for 3 Keys to Master Menopause – Wednesday, February 15th, at noon Eastern (9 am Pacific).
You’ll learn my hottest tips so you can
✔️ Live at your ideal weight without starving yourself or spending hours in the gym.
✔️ Banish hot flashes without hormones.
✔️ Get better sleep without pills.
✔️ Have more energy to do the things you want to do!
Plus, when you attend live, you’ll get your hands on my free Master Menopause workbook as a bonus for attending.
Sign up at https://linktr.ee/alissax